Sunday, September 07, 2008

Still shuffling right along




Thought I had better drop a line so that you didn’t think I had shuffled off this mortal coil by now….nope..no such luck. Those who know me know that I have been having “issues” with my health for quite some time. It started to really go downhill big time when I was hospitalized and diagnosed with diabetes (I checked in with a blood sugar of 920…not a good thing by all means. Your organs have this nasty habit of shutting down waaaaaaaaaaaaay before your gets that high (hypothetically speaking….since I obviously didn’t die, although my kidneys and liver were almost shot). ANYWAY…….. in the last three years I’ve been diagnosed with diabetes, narcolepsy, and now addison’s disease. I already had trigeminal neuralgia, COPD, dissociative disorder, PTSD, ….aw hell, you get the picture. I’m not telling you that for sympathy, I just wanted you to know why I was always taking time off from moderating the forums. I prefer if you save your pity for those who need it more because behind all that darkness is a beautiful sky (meaning…I have a very supportive group of friends and some family, a fun a invigorating environment, btw did I mention we have 8 ferrets and 2 cats now? There is just too much laughter and creativity to allow you to get too depressed.) I was thrilled to hear that Peggy won an award and I’m sure there is a ton of other news that I’ve missed but hopefully one of these days I’ll be able to catch up. I wanted to post some of my latest art work. I’m really excited about it because it is using different art programs that I have previously used so it is quite challenging and fun. I also finally decided to pass down the mantle of mechanical painting (oils and acrylics on canvas) and stick with the digital for a lot of reasons but the nice thing about it was I was able to give all my paints, brushes, art books….etc to two of my friends that are amateur artists. There was really a lot of stuff but it was priceless seeing the look on their faces when I gave it to them. I routinely do “random acts of kindness” but I have never had the pleasure that this particular one has brought to me. Well, I guess that is all for now. I hope to someday be back and fully participating in the forums but for now I’ve found that using the couple of hours I get to spend at the computer during the day works better for art than writing. With an art project I’ve found that I can stop when I need to and come back fresh knowing where I was and what I was going to do………..not so much with writing. By the time I get back to writing the train of thought has thoroughly derailed and I have to start over again. Speaking of which I need to go for now. I miss you all and hope that all is going well with you.


Love, Kay