Friday, December 18, 2009

Letting you know why you haven't seen anything new from me for awhile

My dear friends,
You are probably wondering why you haven’t heard from me for quite awhile. I’ve had some serious health problems as you know. I have so many diagnoses that if you can’t pronounce, spell, or know what it is; than I have it (smiles). I guess the worst ones are the diabetes, narcolepsy, trigeminal neuralgia, Addison’s disease, COPD, etc …(I’m sure you’ve caught the drift by now).
Anyone who is squeamish about the subject of death or dying you really should stop reading now.
I had never noticed it before but it seems that most people would rather step in fresh poop before getting into a conversation about dying….esp with the person doing the dying. I can’t say that I’m ready to die but I also know that at 50, even though I have lived a painful life (you can get some real nasty side effects from repeated child abuse). I have also lived my life to the fullest and have been blessed in so many ways.
I stopped breathing on the way to the respiratory area (imagine that happening….laughing) Anyway…I was brought back but had to stay on a ventilator for eight days. What ticked me off was…not only did I not see a bright light, I didn’t hover over my body from the ceiling, so I didn’t even have any really good stories to tell about it. I have a heck of a time concentrating, minor seizure activity now and then (more now then before) and my short term memory absolutely sucks. You know how everyone will fib or stretch the truth from time to time? I can’t remember well enough to remember what it was I fibbed about…………..groan) and if I wait too long I can’t remember the honest answer either.
I need a whole lot more time that I have to get everything done that I’ve wanted to do but I haven’t had the strength to even start some of my projects. I have 2 more manuscripts in draft (wouldn’t you know it, I have to rewrite the first chapters on both of them), and lots of article ideas. I had hoped to have all three of my books published and started on a cool idea I had while I was in the hospital. For those that know me, I’m also an artist. (My professional portfolio is at www.artwanted.com/mdmkay) ), Last but not least, I’m in the process of learning how to design and make jewelry (no pics for that cause I still suck….lol).
I want to thank you all for your support over the years. I do not need any pity, thank goodness. But if you wouldn’t mind, as you look at your family that have gathered to celebrate the holidays that you take a minute, thank your higher power, then forget all minor transgressions on both your side and theirs. I’m in the process of getting my things in order as best as I can and enjoy every good minute that comes my way.

Love,
Kay L. Schlagel
P.S. I want to apologize for not getting into a lot of what happened to me personally but if you think you might have a dissociative disorder I hope you’ll take a few minutes to check out my blog at www.mdmkay.blogspot.com. I have some good places to go for information on DID.