Thursday, September 02, 2004

Welcome to my world.

Welcome to my world,
Hi, I'm Kay. I'm a 45 y.o. female artist/author who resides in Nebraska. I have 2 grown sons and a pretty complicated life ( and you thought nothing ever happens in Ne.) I've just published an autobiographical book CINDY WHEN HELL FROZE OVER, by Kay L. Schlagel. It's a session by session account of the hypnotic therapy I used to uncovered repressed memories of a severly abusive childhood. Below find a synopsis of the book.

CINDY WHEN HELL FROZE OVER, by Kay L. Schlagel

A session by session account of a patient and therapist's journey as they unlock the secrets of Cindy's tortured past. Cindy and her therapist work closely with hypnotherapy as they uncover dark painful childhood secrets. Unable to cope with such trauma Cindy's mind developed "personalities" in which to deal with such unbearable circumstances. You'll weep with her as she discovers the secrets of cruel and inhuman treatment she endured as a child. Yet, you won't be able to help but laugh at her wacky sense of humor and admire her courage. She struggles to survive and won't give up. There is never a dull moment as Cindy deals with the antics of her personalities and her dysfunctional family. Meanwhile, she is a newly single mother trying to hold on to a demanding career. There is a crazy cast of characters while she tries to keep her diagnosis secret so she won't lose her job, deal with a divorce and the new discoveries of therapy, and just trying to keep from mixing anyone up.

Well....I was only 22 at the time what can I say? I'm well into my 40's now and hopefully a tad wiser (that's still to be seen hahahaha).. I wasn't cured. Unfortunately it's never quite that simple in the real world; as we all know. It was a great start though. It definitely changed my life for the better and set me on a path of self-discovery. My feet continue to travel that path still today. I'm ready to tell my story because I don't have anything to be ashamed of. This is what happened and I'm ready to own it. Alot has happened since then. Alot more memories have come back. I've met more alters (personalities). They are all amazing and finally I've realized that they are all uniquely a part of me. One alter could paint beautifully and helped a few of the the others paint self-portraits of themselves and of me. It was amazing how different they all looked from each other. It was really neat to find out how talented they were. It really was and is the journey that makes the goal worthwhile.